1. THE ORIGINALS NO LONGER EXIST
None of them lasted over 100 years, and certainly not THOUSANDS. So the claim that the originals are better, is not a call to FIND the originals, but rather a call to ACCEPT the notion that we CAN’T have the pure words of God today since the originals no longer exist.
2. THE ORIGINALS WERE NEVER A SINGLE BOOK
If you had the originals, you’d have to carry them around in a large suit case and always be worried about getting them damaged or lost.
3. COMMON PEOPLE COULDN’T READ THE ORIGINALS, EVEN IF THEY HAD THEM
Most people cannot read Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic.
4. THE ORIGINALS HAD NO CHAPTER AND VERSE MARKINGS
Your preacher could never say, “Turn to Isaiah 32” or “That’s a good cross reference to Romans 4:5. Nor could you memorize the “Twenty Third Psalm” or II Timothy 2:15.
5. THE ORIGINALS NEVER PRODUCED THE QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF FRUIT THAT THE KJV HAS PRODUCED
Idolatry rapidly spread throughout the Old Testament, and God’s people lived in apostasy, servitude and captivity most of the time. In the New Testament, much fruit came, but Jesus didn’t preach from the originals, nor did the Apostles or early Christians. They had copies of copies of copies. Yet, the King James Bible has been producing good fruit consistently for over 400 years.
6. THE BIBLE SAYS THAT A LATER EDITION CAN BE SUPERIOR TO ITS ORIGINAL
If you will read Jeremiah 36, you will see God inspire an original text, only to allow it to be destroyed. Then He produced a fresh new copy that turned out to be SUPERIOR to the original text (Jer. 36:1-4, 13-23, 27-28, 32.)